In addition to writing for my own blog, I also contribute to other websites. Below is a list of past and current projects that I have been involved with.
Contributed articles at work
As part of the social media team for a B2B software company, I regularly blog about market research and marketing. I also help our executives write blog posts for our company blog as well as for external publications, including CMO.com, Content Marketing Institute, and Marketing magazine.
- 9 Twitter stats for marketers and researchers
- 11 new stats reveal future of mobile in marketing and research
- Real-time marketing: 4 ways customer insights can help brands become more agile
- Successful content marketing with the help of your insight community
GetInvolved.ca is an online resource for volunteers and non-profits. In May 2012, Get Involved contacted me about writing for their blog. I submit a monthly guest blog post.
- HOW TO: Use social media to fundraise for your favourite charity
- Online Community Management: It’s about more than sending a tweet
- Picture Perfect: How to Make Your Social Media Photos More Engaging
As a member of the B.C. chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators, I occasionally contribute to newsletter and website content.
- 2012 President’s Awards Winners look back at their successful year
- President’s Award Winners Seek New Challenges and Offer Advice
Some of my previous work were published in Metro Vancouver, a commuter newspaper in Vancouver, and on Talent Egg, an online resource for students and new grads. I have also written for various organizations during my time at Simon Fraser University.
- Get a knack for networking
- The Pros And Cons Of An International Internship
- How To Succeed At Networking Events: Tips From AIESEC SFU Student Leaders
- Using Social Media for Your Job Search
Blog posts, news articles, etc. that mention me, show a photo of me, etc.
- IABC/BC: Local Association Gives Back to the Community; Collaboration Between Social Media Experts and Local Non-Profit Creates Result
- Vancouver Social Media Surgery
- Notes: Online tools for nonprofits speed date
- Event summary: Network organizations create better online campaigns
I own and operate two other blogs: