Inbound marketing is an evolving practice. It requires experimentation and constant refinement. It involves trying new tactics and technologies, learning from other marketers and updating your current approaches to make sure they’re still relevant.
At the recent INBOUND conference, top marketing experts shared some of the latest and most effective practices in content marketing, social media and demand generation. In the Slideshare below, I’ve compiled 13 of the tactics that stood out to me the most. As you prepare to think about your digital marketing strategy for 2016, consider how you can try these new tips. (A description of each tactic is also summarized below.)
13 new inbound marketing tactics you should try immediately, according to #INBOUND15 speakers:
- Write longer, more comprehensive blog posts. Search engines love them.
- Establish your SEO credibility by creating content around your target topics instead of focusing on keywords.
- Look for your best social media posts and consider amplifying them via social media ads.
- Create more slideshares.
- Get more people to sign up for your blog newsletter.
- Work with influencers and partner with them through ebooks, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Create a Pinterest resources page.
- Update your old blog posts with new information and fresh call to actions (CTAs).
- Optimize your top landing pages so they match the keywords that people use.
- Create new gated pieces to match the keywords that people use to find your top landing pages.
- Try remarketing on Facebook and Twitter ads, especially for high-value gated pieces.
- Do super remarketing on Facebook and Twitter by applying additional behavioral and demographic filters to your remarketing.
- Use custom audiences in your social media ads.